19 May 2011

Fittingly



I'm heading to Colorado on Tuesday.
Would you look at me . . .
two times leaving the east coast already this year.
Seems like I was just saying I never get away . . .
I guess sometimes we get what we ask for!


I'm thrilled.
Travel.
I've never seen Colorado.


Keith and I are heading out to visit some folks,
to spend a bit of time together-
and we're leaving The Monkey in the eight hands
of his grandparents.
{{Banjo and Wilbur, too.}}


With travel on my mind in addition to a hundred other things,
it seemed fitting that I had a request the other day for more
of this ring.





North, South, East, West and Me
{Sterling Silver}














Thanks to your encouragement and the interest on facebook,
I listed some in the shop as made-to-order items.
I'm listing three more today.
Randomly.


If purchased by Saturday,
they'll be built and en route to you before I leave.


Made-to-orders have been a nice rest as of late for
my happy, albeit overloaded, head.
Sunny and I are still working hard on the details
of our collaboration.
Long stretches with a sewing needle have had my thoughts
spinning in new directions.
AND I am *still*
(it's been, what, two months or something?)
trying to get a cuff bracelet built that looks
damn fine in my head yet downright dull on the bench.


Momentum.
Moving forward and outward all at once!
And, as the ring suggests,
inward as well.
Knowing myself.

*grin*


Oh, and I'll be posting a few new designs
before leaving Tuesday.
You'll find updates here and on the RR facebook page.


Hope you all are having a lovely week!
JJ



PS:
380 followers?
When did that happen?
Such gratitude, folks.






13 comments:

  1. I hope you have a wonderful trip. :) I think you'll like Colorado. The west will be happy to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My birth state is a gorgeous place, and I just know you'll fall in love with it! Every time I visit, I nearly cry when I have to leave. Have a marvelous trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a fun and safe trip. I can't wait to see what you and Allison come up with together. Whatever it is, I'm sure it will be amazing....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colorado...Durango is one of my fav's...and I lived in Crested Butte for a second...Beautiful space...So happy to hear your taking a road trip with your love...Enjoy every second, it will fly by

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful jess!! don't forget to inhale AND exhale and enjoy that trip..

    ReplyDelete
  6. enjoy the time away Jesse
    and about that follower count....
    YES
    you are that damn good!!!!

    love and light

    ReplyDelete
  7. so exciting and lovely rings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jess, I hope you have an enjoyable and safe trip. Maybe some time away will offer some clarity and a breath of fresh air.

    Darlin, do you know how awesome it is that you sell out of everything you list within hours? Yes, you have one heck of a fan club.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you'll love colorado, it's gorgeous! one of fave places. have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy your trip!! Can't wait to see pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can hear a change in your 'voice'...less seriousness, more light...more playfulness, perhaps? :-) I think this trip away with your man will do you both the world of good. Enjoy every moment!

    I cannot wait to see what you and the gorgeous Allison collaborate on. I do know, however, that it will be beauty worth framing!

    Belinda
    -xo-

    ReplyDelete
  12. That ring is stunning. I can see why more people would love to have it. Enjoy Colorado!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you everyone!! I'm so excited!!!

    ReplyDelete